Archicad 20 Visualisation uses CineRender Engine Upgrade a subset of Cinema 4D renderer
When CineRender was first introduced in ARCHICAD 18 the CineRender Rendering Engine took “out of the box” renderings to a new level by replacing the older Artlantis based rendering engine.
With the release of ARCHICAD 20 it now runs the latest CineRender engine based on the Cinema 4D R16 engine. ARCHICAD 20 also allows full export of its models in Cinema 4D file format to the newest version of Cinema 4D Studio R18 that supports even higher capabilities, realism and faster animation.
Cinema 4D Studio Visualization
This Upgraded Engine in conjunction with a number of Improvements is sure to improve ARCHICAD’s already impressive rendering capabilities while still allowing easy transition to using Cinema 4D Studio R18 as above.
See below here for the added new rendering features in ArchiCAD 20 and its CineRender.
New Surface Channel: Reflectance
The new Reflectance Channel (replacing Reflection and Specular) allows for multiple reflection layers, each with its own bump map and reflection model. You can use “masks” to control reflection parameters, such as blurriness, and the Distance Dim mode to fade them out.
Other new Reflectance options:
- Conductor Fresnel mode, optimized for metallic surfaces
- Anisotropic mode for reflection distortions, e.g. for brushed/scratched metal
- A special cloth shading model (Irwan) with presets, for realistic‐looking cloth surfaces
- Brick Shader: new Displacement mode for more realistic brick walls
- Filter Shader: Gradation Curves, to precisely set brightness/color regions of an image
- Backlight Shader: New shading algorithms
Improved Global Illumination (GI) for Renderings
Use the new, faster Irradiance Cache to enjoy incredible contact shadows. The Irradiance Cache includes presets for specific types of Project lighting, both internal and external.
If needed, select separate GI settings ‐ including separate Saturation and Intensity settings ‐ for the two GI calculation methods (primary and secondary).
With the Show Samples option, you can disable display of shading points, if they are not needed during prepasses.
Improved Physical Renderer
“Turbo Boost” your rendering times, with no quality loss, using the new Intel Embree raytracing engine for the Physical Renderer.
Faster grass renderings and a quick preview also enhance the Physical Renderer experience.
Other Rendering Improvements
- Updated scenes using the new settings for faster and even more realistic renderings
- Set Noise Distribution as a single, global setting (General CineRender Option)
- Faster Ambient Occlusion calculation via cache