It’s with great pleasure that we announce the release of Corona Renderer 5 for Cinema 4D from the development of the Corona Core, this version brings a focus on optimizations, saving memory for displacement, and memory and render times for caustics – and from the Cinema 4D specific side, there are also a great many improvements, including multiple skies for use in LightMix, the addition of the Select Material, Select Shader and MultiShader, greatly improved handling of proxies, and more!
NEW FEATURES VIDEO
No time to read things in detail and want the quick overview? We’ve got you covered with the New Features video!
Grab the latest version while you read! It’s available at:
Demo Refresh: If you have tried a previous version of Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D and your 45-day trial has expired, then you’ll be pleased to hear that we have automatically refreshed the demo period to give everyone an extra 14 days! Simply download and install Corona Renderer 5 for Cinema 4D from the link above, and activate the demo license right within Cinema 4D! Enjoy!
- 2.5D Displacement offers significant savings to memory usage
- Optimizations to caustics results in memory savings and faster rendering
- Greatly improved handling of Corona Proxies, which can now include animation, and have better handling of large numbers of proxies that use the same data
- Multi Shader added, to allow randomizing colors or textures between objects or sub-objects
- UVWRandomizer updated to include the Mesh Element mode (to allow randomization across sub-objects) and Object buffer ID mode
- Select Shader and Select Material added, allowing an object to store multiple shaders or materials (you can think of it as like a self-contained “mini-library” that the object stores with itself)
- Corona Sky object replaces the Corona Sky tag, allowing multiple environments in LightMix, and use of any shader as environment lighting
- And of course lots of quality of life improvements, bug fixes, and UI improvements!
Oh, Did we mention it’s fast!?