Maxwell Render 4 to offer GPU rendering
Next Limit has announced the upcoming release of v4 of its renderer. New features include:
- GPU rendering – the new engine runs on NVidia graphic cards. All the technology under the hood is identical to the classic CPU engine – which means your images are exactly the same.
- Maxwell Multilight Standalone – save infinite lighting variations from one single render
- Lighting setups in real time
- Work faster by editing lights before and after the render finishes
- Create a lighting catalog for your client
- Automatically update your catalog with different lighting positions or geometry
- New materials gallery – the renovated gallery features a hand-picked selection of high-quality, optimized Maxwell materials ready to use in your scenes. You can search using the usual tags, such as wood, plastic or metal, but also by performance level – so that you can filter materials depending on your exact needs.
- Rhino for Mac support – new Rhino for Mac plugin workflow, providing a live-link between Rhino and Maxwell Studio
- Significantly improved Revit integration
Maxwell Render v4 is scheduled to be released in September. A pre-release promotion is available with a 30% discount. More here for Australia & NZ on Maxwell Render Special Offer