Sub-surface division tutorial chair –
We have many resources for leaning how to better use the 3D modular – formZ, one of which is the tutorial loaded here:
Creating a Padded Chair in formZ
CREATING A PADDED CHAIR IN FORMZ
CREATING A PADDED CHAIR IN FORMZ
Well, you set me quite a task as I had never used most of the tools required for that exercise – never even looked at some of those pallets in fact.
But, I was determined as I could see value in the shapes being created so I pushed on and produced a reasonable facsimile of the blue chair.
Mine is in tan leather but the details are quite similar.
My beading on the two front panels needs a little more work to be perfect but I think I’ll leave it as it is.
What do you think?
I certainly learned a lot and will put these new (new to me that is) tools to good use in the future.
Thank you for giving me a push in the right direction.
You got me out of my comfort zone and I learned something new and useful. Very much appreciated.
JOHNSWOOD CONTRACT FURNITURE PTY LTD 12 HURMAN STREET ADELAIDE SA 5000
web: http://www.johnswood.com.au/ email: email@example.com
Tel 0410 482 672 Builders Lic. BLD178184 ABN 33 008 077 601
form•Z pro 8.5 released
With form·Z pro v8.5 released there is a new suite of creative design tools to enhance form generation. These tools offer a variety of ways to create new and interesting forms especially when combined with each other. These tools also work well with many existing form·Z pro tools like subdivision surfaces and deformations to make even more interesting forms. This new tools suite includes: Voronoi Diagram, Point Scatter, Surface Scatter, Volume Scatter, Parametric Map, Wrap, and Delaunay Triangulation.
The form·Z pro Layout environment has been migrated to its own app. The new form·Z pro Layout app includes numerous improvements plus a title block feature including a library of ready to use title blocks. The title block feature can auto-fill commonly used title block text from a user defined dictionary.
form·Z pro 8.5 features
form•Z pro v8.5 introduces a new suite of creative design tools to enhance form generation. These tools offer a variety of ways to create new and interesting forms especially when combined with each other. These tools also work well with many existing form•Z pro tools like subdivision surfaces and deformations to make even more interesting forms. These new tools suite includes:
- The Voronoi diagram tool creates a formation of cells from a set of points.
- The Point Scatter, Surface Scatter, and Volume Scatter tools create formations by distributing copies of objects on or inside of other objects.
- The Parametric Map tool allows 2D objects to be mapped onto a surface or face of another object.
- The Wrap tool creates a new object from the 3D spatial boundary (or convex hull) of a set of objects or the 2D boundary of a planar set of points.
- The Delaunay Triangulation tool creates robust triangulated meshes from a set of points on a surface or plane.
The form•Z pro Layout environment has been migrated to its own app. The new form•Z Layout app includes numerous improvements plus a title block feature including a library of ready to use title blocks. Commonly used title block text can be auto filled from a user-defined dictionary.
form•Z pro v8.5 includes an interface for the Augment reality app. With Augment, you can visualize your form•Z models in real world settings, at real size, in real time on OS X and Android mobile devices. See http://www.augmentedev.com for more details.
The Hidden Line rendering in form•Z pro v8.5 has been improved to allow interactive view navigation and can optionally show hidden/back edges as dashed lines.
Access the form•Z pro v8.5 documentation HERE.
Beta Testers feedback:
“This is a great update’…“we have a very solid design tool indeed in 8.5! Thanks!” –Alan Cooper
“love the voronoi and scatter additions in 8.5“. – Stefan Laub
“This new version is really good I think – it fills a whole lot of gaps for me” – LLoyd Sharp
“The new tools look pretty cool” – user “Rob” posted on the form•Z forum.
form•Z pro v8.5 also includes:
- ACIS r25 and (ASAT r25 file format) support for improved smooth modeling
- Improved display performance for layout files and complex 3D model files.
- Enhancements to the Bend Along Path tool and Align/Distribute tools.
- Improved numeric input.
- New High Quality smoothing export option.
- A variety of improvements and enhancements throughout.