from Ben / Pylon Technical
The Maxwell Render 4.1 release is a big one. If you haven’t updated to Maxwell 4 yet, now is the time.
If you are an existing customer, and want to upgrade your Maxwell Render 126.96.36.199 for any modeller at here. Just pick your 2 plugins ( Studio can be one choice )
If you’re new to Maxwell and want to kick the tyres first, download a trial copy. Please come back here and we can help with your new version.
Please note: The following is oriented to the formZ implementation.
There’s now an integrated denoiser. When enabled, there will be NO noise in your final rendering. This means Maxwell-quality renderings in a fraction of the time it took previously – in either CPU Production or GPU mode. Expect 2x – 8x faster architectural visualizations.
Denoiser Video Tutorial in Studio (Click CC button for English subtitles)
Next up, we have a new Light Mixer. When used in conjunction with Fire, you can interactively fine-tune the contribution of all lights and emitter materials in your scene from one convenient panel. It’s a lot like Multilight, inside formZ.
Maxwell for formZ supports formZ Light groups both in the Light Mixer and in Multilight. Intensity-override groups are represented as a single slider in both environments.
Using materials from the online materials database in formZ is now just a click away.
• Integrated Denoiser support. (Maxwell Options > Engine tab)
• New Light Mixer for interactively balancing intensity of lights, light groups, onf material emitters. (Extensions > Maxwell Render > Light Mixer…)
• formZ Light Group support: All lights in a formZ light group with intensity override are now represented by a single Multilight slider. (Enable in Maxwell Options > Translate tab)
• Improved access to MXM file browser. (Material Parameters > Maxwell Representation > Referenced MXM option)
• Improved access to online MXM gallery browser. (Material Parameters > Maxwell Representation > Referenced MXM option)
• Direct support for X-Rite AxF Materials (Material Parameters > Maxwell representation).
• Direct support for TableBrdf Materials (Material Parameters > Maxwell representation).
• Support for rendering with the number of available logical processors, minus a specified number. (Set a negative number in Maxwell Options > Engine Tab > CPU Threads)
• Plugin now uses central Maxwell installation.
• Update to the Maxwell 4.1 engine.
• Grass Modifiers using formZ material option now restored correctly on open.
• Denoiser At Each SL/At End parameter now correctly saved in project.